Consultation on experimental study design and genomic/molecular data analysis,
- Match investigators with experts on the GMR Core panel to review experimental design
- Facilitate discussion between investigators and the staff members of various campus cores providing genomic and molecular services.
- Engage experts on the GMR Core panel to guide data analysis as needed.
Biospecimen storage and management
- Provide storage of biospecimens in a secure environment.
- Maintain the inventory of biospecimens for easy retrieval for experimental studies.
- Monitor the amounts of biospecimens available in each sample collection.
Facilitate processing and study of biospecimens
- Construct a laboratory information management system (LIMS) specifically for the PREMIER Center.
- Track each sample being processed in various campus cores.
- Distribute samples to campus cores as directed by the investigators.
- Direct movement of sample and experimental data to the IB Core for further analysis.