IB Core Services
Provide analytical consulting services in study design, data analysis and data integration with public datasets in order to advance precision medicine in rheumatic disease research.
- Preliminary project review and consultation
- Support analysis and integration of diverse molecular data types including transcriptomic (e.g.,microarray or RNA-Seq), genomic (e.g, genotyping or exome sequencing), proteomic (e.g., mass spectroscopy), immune monitoring (e.g., anti-peptide specificities determined through tetramers, flow cytometry and CyTOF), and phenotypic data (e.g., specific antibody titers) as well as other data types depending on the projects
- Leveraging public datasets from diverse repositories such as dbGAP, GEO, ArrayExpress, ImmPort and SRA
- Identification of existing UCSF data collections that can be leveraged for new research
Develop novel tools, software and analytical pipelines for the integration, annotation, analysis, retrieval, and presentation of data from clinical and molecular studies of rheumatic diseases.
- Tools for data management, standardization and integration
- Tools for statistical analysis, data interpretation and visualization
- Data integration and functional network and pathway analysis
Integrate molecular and clinical data and leverage collaborations between the GMR and HSCP Cores and facilitate integrative computational analysis for a wide range of clinical, translational and basic research studies to enable precision medicine in rheumatology.
- Patient Stratification
- Identifying demographic confounders using clinical and molecular data
- Exploring comorbidities of rheumatic disease
Provide centralized data management and storage including assistance in dissemination of data for the P30 associated projects.
- We propose to use of the Immunology Database and Analysis Portal (ImmPort) to provide data storage, management and dissemination for the P30 related projects. The ImmPort system is the archival repository and dissemination vehicle for clinical and molecular datasets created by research consortia.
- Will work with all projects to publish data online and make it available to the research community